FAQ For Sponsors
What do sponsors actually do?
Sponsors help ProductTank identify venues to organize events. Usually it's an event space at their own office location. Sponsors also buy pizza and/or other foods and refreshments.
Who are your sponsors?
What do we get for sponsoring ProductTank?
As a ProductTank sponsor you'll get the following:
- 5-10 minutes of time during our events to talk about yourself and your company.
- A table or place to present your company materials and career opportunities.
- Opportunities to pass out company information and/or career opportunities at our events.
- We (ProductTank) can include one of your senior professionals as a guest speaker.
- We include your company logo on our website and meetup page.
- We mention you on our meetup page and/or online platforms.
- Many thanks from the ProductTank community :)
How many people come to ProductTank NYC?
Okay! How do we proceed?
Good question! It depends.
If you're a sponsor that has access to an event space, willing to cover the cost of pizza and/or other foods, refreshments, and audio/video equipment for the presentations, then we would organize the ProductTank event, We will work with you to identify the event date and time, the event theme, and guest speakers.
If you only want to sponsor food and/or refreshments, then we would ask you to:
- Identify a partner (a business or organization) that would be willing to provide an event space.
- Ensure that the event space has all the right A/V equipment (1 projector, 2 or 3 microphones, and speakers that can provide enough sound to fill a room filled with at least 50 people).
Aside from purchasing food and refreshments, are there any other costs?
It depends. For example - if you're a company that does not use audio/video equipment within their office space (such as a PA system), then we would ask you to cover the cost of renting or purchasing the equipment.
If you're a company that does not have access to a large enough space to accommodate an event, then we would ask you to find an event space of your choice, and cover the cost of renting the space and A/V equipment.
We're a company with access to an event space, but we can't afford to buy pizza or any other hot prepared foods. Would it be okay if we bought more affordable food choices, like nuts and energy bars?
It's totally okay! If you can't afford to buy Pizza or Chinese take out, some favorite healthy snacks would be just as good. The following kinds of healthy snacks would be awesome:
- Fruit or Dried Fruit
- Fruit & Nut Bars
- Energy Bars
- Protein Bars
- Roasted Peanuts
- Sunflower Seeds
- String Cheese
- Trail Mix
- Dark Chocolate
- Sparkling Water
- Fruit Juices
As a sponsor, do we pay ProductTank to put on events?
No, not specifically. We don't take money from our sponsors.
Can we sell our products at ProductTank?
No. We apologize, but we can't allow sponsors to sell their products at our meetups. We want to ensure that our members do not feel like they are getting a sales pitch from sponsors.
We would like to do some recruiting and share information about our products, services, and job opportunities. How do we best get in touch with your attendees?
At ProductTank, you will be given 10 minutes of presentation time to share information with our audience. We can also allow you to do the following:
- Have a little table or stall at the venue where people can meet with you and your colleagues and learn more about your organization.
- Have a bowl where people can drop their business card before and during the event, with a prize draw for a special gift (maybe an Amazon Echo, Gift Cards, etc), at the end of the event
- Mention special opportunities only available for ProductTank attendees
We would like to generate leads for new customers - which is why we are interested in ProductTank sponsorship - to connect with your attendees. How do you suggest we leverage this opportunity for lead generation?
It would greatly depend on the ProductTank event format of that day, and any agreements you would be required to make with the venue and our parent organization. Please contact Mind the Product to discuss further.
What about companies in co-located working spaces (such as WeWork)? Can they sponsor ProductTank events?
Yes! We've had several companies based in WeWork locations sponsor ProductTank. In those instances, we ask these companies to work out the A/V equipment and other logistics with their WeWork points of contact at their respective site(s).
If we sponsor an event, can we have one of our coworkers or senior management do a presentation at the event?
Yes! We would gladly welcome your colleague as a guest speaker. Please keep in mind that we would ask your colleague to present on a topic that is connected to the event theme.